- A.B. 168: Salary history inquiries. Employers will no longer be able to ask job applicants about their current or prior earnings. Employers will also have to provide the pay scale for a position upon an applicant's request. This affects your policies and application forms.
- A.B. 450: Immigration enforcement. Employers will have to demand warrants and subpoenas from Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents before any enforcement activities and will have to provide certain notices to employees and their union representatives. This affects your policies and notices.
- A.B. 1008: Ban the box. Employers with at least five employeeswon't be allowed to consider a job applicant's criminal history until a conditional employment offer is made. If the employer decides to deny employment based on an applicant's criminal history, the employer must follow certain steps before making a final decision. Affects policies, application and background forms.
- S.B. 63: New parent leave. Small businesses with 20-49 employees will have to provide 12 weeks of job-protected baby bonding leave within the first year following a child's birth, adoption or foster care placement. This affects your policies and notice forms.
- S.B. 396: Gender identity and sexual orientation harassment training. Sexual harassment training is already required for employers with 50 or more employees. That will soon need to include training on gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation harassment. Employers will also need to post a new DFEH transgender rights notice in the workplace. This new law affects your policies, notices, and current AB1825 training materials.
Virtual Training Seminars
Letizia HR Solutions is excited to be offering both live virtual seminars and on-demand seminars on a variety of topics including, "California Employment Law Essentials for Business", AB1825 Compliant Harassment Prevention for Supervisors, Performance Management, Leadership Skills, Effective Human Relations Management, and more!
Human Resource Solutions & Consultation
Don't Let Employee Relations and Human Resource Issues Undermine Your Business.
You have a vision for your company's growth. Are your employees keeping up with that vision? To stay competitive in today's fast-paced economy, it's crucial that your workforce not only keeps pace with - but enhances - your business growth.
With extensive experience of more than 30 years in human resource management and business strategy, I can design a step-by-step, cost-effective plan for you to achieve optimum ongoing productivity for your company.
- Innovative and reliable HR solutions
- Expert experience, reasonably priced
- Short-term and long-term assistance
- Management development and training
- Ongoing HR management and support
Local references available.
Call today for a FREE initial consultation!